DJ BAR RANCH
5155 Round Mountain Road, Belgrade, MT 59714
(406) 388-7463 or (406) 581-7443
TRANSPORTED COOLED SEMEN BREEDING CONTRACT
This is an agreement wherein __________________________________________ (mare owner), has engaged
DJ Bar Ranch (Breeder and Agent for owner of said stallion), for one service to their Stallion,
__________________________________________, for the mare, _____________________________________, Reg. No. _____________, for the 20___ breeding season at a fee of $___________.
This agreement subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. A non-refundable Booking Fee/Chute Fee of $__________ is payable when this contract is signed and returned. This fee is applied to the total breeding fee, the balance $_________ of which is payable prior to the shipment of semen.
2. There will be a Collection/Packaging Fee of $125.00 per shipment charged to mare owners who utilize Transported Cooled Semen. The $125.00 charge must be paid to DJ Bar Ranch prior to transporting semen.
3. A refundable semen container deposit of $250.00 must be paid to DJ Bar Ranch prior to transporting semen.
4. Damage to the semen container or contents will be deducted from the container deposit.
5. The cost of shipping the container via Fed Ex or Same Day (Counter to Counter + Courier Fee) is the responsibility of the mare owner.
6. The semen container must be returned to DJ Bar Ranch the day after the mare is inseminated. Mare owner will pay all cost for return of semen container back to Breeder. A charge of $30.00 per day will be deducted from the deposit if the semen container is not received by DJ Bar Ranch within five days from the day the semen was transported.
7. The breeding must be done at a QUALIFIED BREEDING FACILITY or under strict supervision of an APPROVED VETERINARIAN/BREEDING CENTER.
8. The mare owner or representative must notify DJ Bar Ranch when the mare comes in heat.
9. DJ Bar Ranch must be notified prior to 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time on the date the semen is to be shipped. Semen is available on breeding days Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
10. The mare owner understands that Transported Cooled Semen may be in limited supply.
11. Stallion fees are not refundable; however, there is a guarantee of a live foal from this mating. Should the foal not stand and nurse, the mare owner will be entitled to a free breeding service, only to the same mare (unless otherwise mutually agreed), during the next breeding season. DJ Bar Ranch must be notified within one week, from the date of foaling, that the rebreeding is desired. A statement must accompany this notice by a licensed Veterinarian.
12. All rebreeds will be charged a chute fee the following year.
13. This Contract is entered into in the State of Montana and will be interpreted and enforced under the laws of that state. If any clause in this Contract is against State Law, then that clause shall be null and void.
14. Should either party breach this contract, the breaching party shall pay for the other's court cost and attorney's fees related to such breach.
15. This Contract represents the entire agreement between the parties. No other agreements or promises, verbal or implied, are included unless specifically stated in this written Contract. Each party should individually initial additional conditions. When Mare Owner and Breeder sign this Contract, it will then be binding on both parties, subject to the above terms and conditions.
DJ Bar Ranch (or authorized agent) Date
Mare Owner (or authorized agent) Signature Date
Mare Owner Address